Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tool #8

Watching educational videos in the classroom is very important because it can really enhance the students' learning. Videos help students engage in the learning process. Watching a video about any topic can help students connect better to their life experiences. I enjoy showing videos to my students right before a lesson because it makes them want to learn more about the topic.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By6vvFPWjEke

I use videos throughout the year in an effort to engage my students in the learning process. I chose this video of the water cycle because it is a topic that needs to be taught in second grade. I watched a few videos about the water cycle and this one seemed to be the right length and it had the information needed for the second graders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUeM8MbaIk

This is a video about the life cicle of the Monarch butterfly. I chose it because it shows the complete cycle and it is real. I think the students will enjoy it because of all the details they will be able to see. They will also see what the butterfly does right after it takes flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment