Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reflection about the 11 tools

I think all the tools are important and fun to do once you learn how to do it. But one of the tools I liked and enjoy the most was Animoto. It was really fun putting all the pictures together and adding music to it. I'm sure the students would love to watch themselves in a video doing their school work, pictures taken on field trips or special events.



Another tool I enjoyed and I think it will be fun to use in class is the Wordle. I would use it to brainstorm vocabulary before I start teaching any subject. The students will probably be amazed to see all the words pop up on the Active Board.



The other tool I also liked was Skype which can be used to communicate with other students in other classrooms, schools and even with other students around the world.



We live in a world surrounded by technology. Our students need to have the opportunity to experience learning that comes through it. I believe my students will benefit from all the different tools that will be introduced to them in the classroom and hopefully will help them be more prepare for the world out there which is so technology driven.

Was there anything that surprised me about this program?

The whole program was a surprise! Before I started, I had no idea of what it was about. However, I enjoyed learning new ways to incorporate technology in my daily lessons. I know I the students will enjoy using all the new gadgets that will be available to them. I really look forward to it.



1 comment:

  1. Why don't you try to find another SBISD class to Skype with? If you need help, contact me!

    I am looking forward to learning even more from you and your students!

    ReplyDelete